Passionate Child Custody Attorneys

As a parent, you want what is best for your children. However, you and your co-parent may have very different ideas about how to raise the kids — and where they should live. If you are a parent going through divorce, of if you are engaged in a child custody dispute, call Julaan Derrick, Attorney at Law. We represent clients throughout Horry, Georgetown, Marion and Florence counties who are dealing with child custody and visitation matters.

Our attorneys have handled hundreds of child support disputes, and we are prepared to represent you, no matter how complex your case might be. Whether you must negotiate a custody plan, modify an existing plan or go to court to enforce your parental rights, we will put our combined 40 years of experience to work for you. We will keep you informed of all new developments, and support you with straightforward advice.

Your Child Custody Options

Your child custody arrangement can take several forms. In a shared custody arrangement, your children spend time living in each parent's home. In a sole custody order, the children live in one parent's home and the other parent receives visitation rights to spend regular time with the kids. The form your custody plan ultimately takes depends on many factors, including how far apart you and your co-parent live, each parent's ability to care for the children and where the children go to school.

Usually, we are able to negotiate a fair and practical custody plan outside of court. Sometimes, it is necessary to go to court to protect your children and your rights.

Defend Your Grandparents' Rights

Parents are not the only ones who can seek custody rights in court. Many grandparents in South Carolina are raising a grandchild because the parents are unable to do so. To ensure your legal rights as a grandparent or other caregiver relative, contact us. You will need an experienced and dedicated lawyer's help, especially if the child's parents are contesting your custody rights.

Start Protecting Your Children Today

For a conversation with one of our attorneys about your case, please call 843-279-0880. You can also visit our Contact page to send us an email.

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Julaan Derrick, Attorney at Law
1422 4th Ave.
Conway, SC 29526

Phone: 843-279-0880
Map & Directions